Watch out for these signs! Do you ever do any of the following?
- You get so excited that you tell everyone about your ideas when they are only an idea and before you’ve tried it on or committed to a plan.
- You hesitate, doubt and/or second guess yourself when it’s time to invest in making your dream reality whether it be an investment of your time, money or energy.
- You look to friends, family or advisers to tell you exactly what and how you should do things and get disappointed or discouraged when they aren’t as excited as you are about your dream or how you want to do things.
- You make your dream secondary. Your dream isn’t a part of your life- you keep it separate. There’s the real world, life and all the stuff you have to do and somewhere on the back burner is your dream that you’ll get to, eventually.
- You think realizing your dream is going to be easy and happen in the blink of an eye.
- You got the idea to pursue your dream because you saw somebody else doing it and thought- “that looks fun, easy, lucrative… I could do that!”
- You think it’s never your fault. You catch yourself blaming other people , situations or circumstances for why you can’t have what you want or why you haven’t realized your dreams.
- You’re only focused on reaching your goal and think, when you finally reach it, you can finally stop working so hard and start enjoying yourself.
- You keep changing your end goal, jump from idea to idea and have difficulty following through.
If you can relate to one or more of these signs, you may be perpetually stuck in dreamland and never actually realize your dream because these signs are all symptoms of having the wrong goal or not having a clear enough vision of your real goal. To actually accomplish your goals and realize your dreams, you must be the true and greatest leader of your life. This means you must know, understand, accept and love yourself and what it is that your own head, heart and soul tell you. You must hone your vision, optimize your outlook for success and be willing to be who you want to be. You’ve also got to be practical, grounded and realistic about what it’s going to take to get there.
So, if any of these 9 symptoms are showing up in your life, don’t worry. There is a proven solution for overcoming all of them and it’s to make sure that you are pursuing your truest, highest goal- not anyone else’s.
Stay tuned because, next week, I’ll tell you the top 5 ways to tell whether your goal is the right, true, real goal for you.